Our team consists of people who have contributed to the work of BFT on voluntary basis only.
Dr Nicki On. BPharm(Hons), PhD, GPhC: Founder/Chairperson
Dr Nicki On is a fibroid suffer. She qualified as pharmacist from Aston University (Birmingham, UK) with a PhD from King's College London (University of London, UK) and Health Economics from City University
Previously, she held position as a clinical pharmacologist specialised in clinical pharmacokinetics for Wellcome Foundation (GSK) and Novartis Pharmaceuticals as well as clinical project manager for Pfizer Australia (formally Parke-Davis Australia)and Reckitt Benckiser UK.
Her previous research areas include anti-viral (Valtrex), asthma &COPD (Foradil), migraine (Zomig) and cholesterol lowering (Lipitor) therapies.
In addition, she had practiced as a clinical pharmacist in NHS hospitals (Kings College Hospital London, Great Ormond Street, Queens Hospital Romford, Moorefields Eye Hospital) in UK, Ireland and Australia, private hospital (Harley St Clinic) and retail pharmacies.
After just over 3 years of being fulltime carer for her late Mother, she is moreor less a retiree.
Dr Rajesh Varma. MA, PhD, formerly MRCOG: Co-Founder and Trustee, Editorial Member
Dr Varma was previously a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Guy's and St.Thomas' Hospital, London, UK. His special interests included treating fibroids and heavy periods, myomectomy (Abdominal, Hysteroscopic), outpatient hysteroscopy and one-stop gynaecology. He was awarded a PhD from University of Birmingham on the subject "Treatment of menstrual disorders".
He was instrumental in the medical content of the BFT website. He has supported Nicki throughout the development of this web resource in the last decade. Dr Varma is now working in area of education.
Dr Robert Kaikini. MA (Cambridge), BMBCh (Oxford), MRCP, FRCR : Editorial Member
Dr Robert Kaikini is a Consultant Interventional Radiologist at Kent and Canterbury Hospital. He was previously at Guy's & St Thomas' and St Mary's Hospital (London).
Dr Kaikini is an expert on UAE.
BFT acknowledged the translation works of the following volunteers:
- Mr Adnan Abdallah: Arabic translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Miss Louise Lai: Chinese translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Prof. P-H Wang: Chinese translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Mr Philippe Hamida-Pisal: French translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Dr Sanju Paul: Hindi translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Mrs Tünde Meláth: Hungarian translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Miss Rasa Zurbaite: Lithuanian translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Miss Magdalena Lappa: Polish translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Mrs Mirela Siminiceanu: Romanian translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Mr Francisco Lopez Arceredillo: Spanish translation of our fibroid leaflet.
- Dr Asena Paran: Turkish translation of our fibroid leaflet.
Last updated on Monday 1 February 2021 11:57 am.